This recipe is rich in fiber, protein, calcium and it has a low glycemic index (this will help to stabilize your blood sugars and keep you fuller for longer). It is such a healthy recipe as you can top it with extra goodness! Just like an open-style sandwich. It just can’t get better than that! In Scandinavia, it is standard to eat open-style sandwiches.
This recipe is free from dairy, wheat and gluten, soya, egg, and nuts. Such a perfect recipe for the whole family, any time of the day (except breakfast perhaps). 🙂
200g dried chickpeas soaked in water and 1 tsp baking soda overnight
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 large onion
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp baking powder
- Wash the chickpeas and add to a blender with the olive oil and blitz together until you have a smooth-is texture and set aside.
- Blitz the onion and garlic and parsley and add the mixture to the chickpeas.
- Add the baking powder and combine the mixture well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Fold the mixture into balls and press it down on the making paper using your hands to create a flat round shape.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 30 min or until the edges are slightly crisp.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 min before you add your toppings.
- Hummus and avocado
- Cashew cheese and cucumber
- Cream cheese and salmon
Add anything you love, there are no rules to what you can add to these healthy flatbreads. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Tell others what toppings you’ve added. Comment below!
For more yummy food why not try this recipe.